1st day at SYNTEL :-)

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hi friends .
This my first post after joining syntel.I joined SYNTEL on 17th july 2008.One of the HR's in syntel called me on 7th july 2008 to inform me about the date of joining.I was surprised about the date of joining.Because when i asked my college seniors working in syntel about the date of joining , they told me that it'll not be before than November.The HR asked me whether i needed any accommodation for the first one week and i said no it as i was residing in chennai.Then i received various mails regarding time to be present in the office and other certificate details.
They asked us bring few passport and stamp size photos and also photocopies of address proof in the mail , i didn't notice that.So was in a hurry on the date of joining getting a quick photo.So it became late and i misplaced the address proof.After getting the photo and without finding the address proof i went to syntel office at little mount , chennai.
when i parked my bike in the premises i got a call from a HR asking where i was , i told her that i reahed the place and went in.I reported to the concerned person and received empty ID card folders from security.Then we were taken the training room.Then there was joining formalities and other procedures .Various people coming in and talking to us about the organization.There were totally 17 members joined with me.After filling in forms we left the place by 9:30 p.m.
The irony was that they told that i could give the photos and photocopies of address proof the next ( for taking which i went late).So if you( if suppose you are going to join syntel) forgot by chance the documents then don't worry.HR's at SYNTEL are more friendly and understanding.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thats cool dude.
Your post shoes that how well is syntel.Hoping forward to join syntel :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot friend for sharing your experiences.If possible can you inquire the DOJ for other batches ?

nag said...

Thanks friend sharing a lot of information about the company....... plz update the news so that we can be happy

Abi said...

hey..its very cool yaar..nice job..
do u know any info abt joining of next batch in chennai.

Anonymous said...

@arshitha
I don't have any clue about DOJ of other batches.I'm sorry. if i come to know then i'll let you know.

@nag
ya sure i'll update.

@sira
Till now i don't know anything but if i come to know , i'll let you know.

Unknown said...

can u plz tell when they will cal 2008 passed out they mailed me tht it will be in oct 2009 its almost now can u plz clarify on it

Mayur said...

Hi,
this is mayur from mumbai. I was placed in 2008 batch. they have told that joining will start again from oct 2009. I want to know your opinion.
Could you please advice me about is this true? do u have any idea about that? Is the company in a position that they can call us?
Please reply..

harsh said...

Hi..
this is harsh from Bhopal.I got selected in syntel through campus selection this year.
can you tell me what will be the joining date for me...
any idea you have then kindly send me the acknowledge..
thnks..

Md.Aslam Shariff said...

hello brother.. dis is aslam sharif, from Vizag, n i got recently selected in Syntel recruitment 2011, i want to know 2 things..
1. which job location is best for me, pune or chennai??
2. when can the recently selected batch expected to get call letters.. if u hv any info plz reply soon brother.. eagerly waiting.. u can reply me to aslam537@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello this is Rajesh .. I got placed in syntel recently . but unfortunately i havean backlog now .. i mean in the 7th semester .. Will this affect my career?

ankit said...


hello this is ankit from indore .i got placed in syntel this year 2011 .but we have no information about joining date.so plz give info about it...
ankitmitm1014@gmail.com

keerthana said...

thanks a lot for sharing your experience.....

Phanindra said...

Hey guys hi,am placed @ syntel, waiting for DOJ, can u tel me if i have a backlog on DOJ will the company still let me in?????? pls let me know abt this ASAP....

sundar said...

hi, tis s sundar. ..... thankz for sharng ur exp.. am placed n syntel, make me clear abt my DOJ. sundar.surya05@gmail.com