I've spent 4 yrs in engineering environment !! so i think i can give an idea about engineering colleges in tamilnadu for plus 2 ( +2 , 12th students )

Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is that time of the year when parents go in search of the best Engineering College for their wards. I feel I can provide some assistance in your quest for a quality college for your children. Myself being an Engineering student who just passed out I hope my thoughts will be valuable to you. I have gone to several engineering colleges across the city to participate in several competitions and symposiums. So I feel I can share my experiences with you.


Let me start with the Jeppiaar institutions. I think every college owned by Jeppiaar has excellent infrastructure facilities. St.Joseph's College is one the best in my view and this college produces a large number of toppers in Anna Univ exams in recent years and also excels in sports. Panimalar is also a beautiful college with outstanding facilities and faculties. They say all Jeppiaar Colleges are strict but you can be completely assured that your ward will get his placement before he completes his degree. The food is exemplary in all his colleges. SSN college of Engineering is undisputedly the first choice college to opt for with excellent academic performance and produces highly successful students.The next college coming to my mind is Crescent Enginerering College. This college has evolved into one of the best in the city. It has a wonderful campus and ideally situated at Vandalur. Campus Placements are very good with almost all the eligible students getting placement. Velamaal Engineering college is another strict college but the quality of education and the number of students getting placement is outstanding. Meenakshi Sundarajan Engineering college is another wonderful college located within the city at Kodambakam and all top companies visit this college. SVCE will always remain one of the top colleges in the city and has continued to excel in all departments. Sairam Engineering College has carved a niche among the top colleges and keeps on improving day by day.


Among the Deemed Universities S.R.M and Sathyabama are the best. The other colleges of S.R.M group like Valliamai and Easwari Engineering college are also good. Some of the other colleges coming to my mind are Jerusalem Engineering college, Hindustan Engineering college and MNM. These are the best colleges in the city according to me to the best of my knowledge. Any college that has not figured in this list might also qualify for the top slot but not in my view. This article is entirely my personal opinion based on my own experiences and not meant to hurt anyone studying in other colleges.

And finally Anand Institute is a worst college ever to join for above average students but its ok for average students.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
I am a parent looking for a engg seat for my son.
I visited lot of colleges in city.
Found physical infrastructure in academic domine good in most colleges named by you.
But I understand that most engg collges these days treat students like school kids - which curtails their creativity. This in my opinoin is NOT GOOD for engg students.
Also most colleges do not focus on extra curricular activities like sports, culturals etc
Just reading books & scoring good marks alone will neither creat a good engineer nor a good human being!
.... Sorry for being so long ....